Monday, September 14, 2009

The importance of Annotation: an exchange

This email exchange is from a student we had last year.


Mrs. Dufault,

Guess what!? I found my Things Fall Apart annotations which is so exciting to me! Another side note, we ended up reading Antigone rather than Oedipus. That was still good though because I read that in AP 11. Hope all is well.
-- Elizabeth Laferriere


On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Dufault, Amy (MGSH) wrote:
Yes! I am so happy that will makes things easier for you. Can I put this on the blog? Anything that encourages students to annotate helps!Thanks,
Mrs. Dufault


That would be fine. I know a lot of kids here don't really know how to annotate so I really have an advantage which helps. I handed in an informal paper and my prof said I was above standards, and that made me feel a lot better about my writing ability.