Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1st




Hey Folks,
It's July 1st and I checked my email today.
The question was raised about the reader's notebook and what to do with the commercial book.


Here's my response:
I would like you to have five “literary” texts for your reader’s notebook. The list of books can include literary texts that you have read in other classes: Romeo and Juliet, The Crucible, To Kill a Mockingbird, Antigone for instance.

I don’t know what types of books you read for enjoyment. Some of you may read literary fiction for enjoyment, but most probably read commercial; the books for your reader’s notebook should be “literary.”


Read the commercial book for pleasure, but also be able to explain how this text meets the definition of commercial fiction.


I'll be checking again on July 15th, until then, have a happy and save Fourth of July!
Forsberg